Saturday, October 20, 2012

Things I've learned (the list continues)


1) I would have made an awesome Charlie's Angel, with Jeanette and Petra of course.



2) I love it when the sky matches the color of the ocean. I think Bill Nye the Science Guy had some explanation about light reflecting or refracting or something, but I don't remember it. Clearly not as smart as a fifth grader.


3) Arne makes amazing going-away cake.

4) Paracetamol is the same as acetaminophen. That seriously took me a good week to figure out.


5) I feel like I am perpetually generating rubbish while working in the pharmacy.

6) There is something supremely satisfying about impromptu jam sessions to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song in the pharmacy.

7) A Brit and a Kiwi knew all the words to said theme song. Who says there can't be world peace?!



8) You never feel more like a zoo animal than when tours of dignitaries and presidents and ambassadors pass through the hospital, peering in and taking photos of you "in action" counting pills.

 

9) If you want prompt service in the pharmacy, your best recourse is to "Ca Caw!"


10) You can, in fact, vomit out the window of a moving vehicle and not get any on yourself or the car.

11) You will, however, terrify the driver of said vehicle and the 8 African men in front of whom he brings the car to a stop.

August Sunset

October Sunset

12) The sun sets in a different location now than it did in August. Explain that, Bill Nye (or Dad)!


13) My pirate name is Whinin' Aurora Hacke.

14) The President of Guinea is really glad we're here, so much so, he took time to shake each of our hands during a spur-of-the-moment visit.


15) The Boyz II Men had it right: it's so hard to say goodbye.

4 comments:

  1. So cool! Love the pictures. You shook hands with the president of Guinea?? How many people can add that to their bragging rights list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? It caught all of us off guard too. We're all just standing dumbfounded as he winds his way through the chairs, greeting each of us. So surreal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Paracetamol is the same as acetaminophen. That seriously took me a good week to figure out." Well, it took me two trips to Nicaragua and some time in grad school, so I'm pretty sure you win! :)

    ReplyDelete